Dahlia Society Oriented Reference Sites
- The American Dahlia Society (ADS) has a large listing of references.
- The Colorado Dahlia Society provides very detailed step-by-step instructions on how to grow Dahlias. The site is liberally illustrated with good pictures. It also has a gallery of the fabulous fifty dahlias and information on how to buy dahlias.
- “Growing Dahlias” is an online publication by Puget Sound Dahlia Society on how to grow Dahlias.
DSC is a member of the Pacific Southwest Dahlia Conference whose members are:
- Dahlia Society of California
- John E. Stowell (San Jose) Dahlia Society
- San Leandro Dahlia, Society
- Monterey Dahlia Society
- San Diego Dahlia Society
Various University Sites
- “Growing Dahlias” is an online publication by the University of Minnesota. Topics covered include propagation, soil, fertilizing and care of dahlias.
- Ohio State University Extension provides a concise Fact Sheet on growing Dahlias.
- Interested in using dahlias for the home landscape? Then check out this site by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
- Iowa State University Extension also provides a detailed document on how to grow Dahlias. (Note: Link downloads their pdf file.)
- Here is a good site by Penn State Extension to check on Dahlia diseases.
- If you want to know about Dahlia viruses and diseases, Description of Plant Viruses provide valuable information, images and resources on these subjects.
Other Technically Oriented Sites
- If you are looking for a site with a very thorough explanation about the entire Dahlia growing process and has lots of very pretty pictures, the Farmer’s Almanac is the place.
- Mid–Island provides specific instructions on how to control plant growth.
- Find out how the Brits do their Dahlia exhibit. Lots of details.
- Want to find out how dahlias are named and who are the hybridizers? Here is a site in UK that explains it all.
- PlantFiles at Dave’s Garden claims to be the most complete plant database online.
Online Dahlia forums can be a good place to interact with other Dahlia enthusiasts
- The Dahlia-Net is a place where dahlia growers and those who appreciate dahlias come together to discuss their favorite flower. You are invited to join in discussions and learn about the ADS and Dahlia Shows.
- Dahlias is an Information & Picture Sharing Group.
- This Garden Web has a forum for the discussion of growing Dahlias.
Facebook Dahlia Groups
- American Dahlia Society Visit us at our website www.dahlia.org. American Dahlia Society was formed for the purpose of stimulating interest in and promoting the culture and development of the dahlia; to establish a standard nomenclature; to test our new varieties and give them such recognition as they deserve; to study the diseases and insects of the dahlia and find remedies for the same; to disseminate information relating to the dahlia; to secure uniform standards for judging dahlia shows and to give exhibitions when deemed advisable.
- Dahlia Society of California DSC’s own Facebook page
- Dahlias A group created for those that grow or have an appreciation for dahlias. Here we can share information for choosing, growing, cutting, and storing dahlias.
- ISO – Dahlias This group is for people looking for dahlia varieties they have been unable to locate. Dahlia suppliers and those selling DIRECTLY RELATED TO GROWING DAHLIAS may post a link on here to their websites — other advertising is not allowed.
© 2017 Dahlia Society of California. All rights reserved. | Privacy Statement