Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 13th. Program starts at 7:30.
Our February program will spotlight US as presenters in a Share and Tell of gardening tips, insights, discoveries and interesting info that may not be widely known. You can bring in items, expanding the borders to “show” and tell. (I plan to bring in a few items). A few starter suggestions, but by no means an exhaustive list :
- a new (to you) product, e.g. a fertilizer or organic insect control technique or substance
- a new garden tool or implement, or a new use for an old one (think about Lou Paradise advocating the use of cinnamon as a fungicide in his November presentation) (O.K. cinnamon is not a tool or an implement, but you get the idea)
- a local source for gardening items or glassware/staging items for shows
- a helpful article, book or web-site
- a do-it-yourself gizmo for insect or varmint repulsion,irrigation, spraying, plant starting, etc.
These were just a few possibilities to prime the pump; I’m sure you can think of many more. As a potential by-product of this exchange of info, we could publish some of these tips on our newly refurbished and attractive web-site.
We’re not that far away from planting season, so this could help us prepare with some new ideas.
AND we will have the drawing for the $25, $20 and $15 gift certificates for the Tuber Sale.
See Y’all on Feb 13.